Sunday, October 24, 2004

I'm Baaaack!!

Yes, so I'm back from Greece! Arrived around midnight last night in Heathrow. Today is the last day before midterms, and I haven't done a second of studying so I can't spend a lot of time writing this. I'll give you the general jist though. This whole trip to Greece was coordinated by Pepperdine as an educational field trip, so I didn't have to do any planning or pay for anything except some of my food and any activities that I did on my free time. We arrived in Athens really on Tuesday, and spent the rest of that day and Wednesday touring around. We saw the Acropolis, Parthenon, Temple of Zeus, and did some shopping and exploring. On Thursday morning we left on a bus for Delphi where we saw the remains of the Oracle, and stayed the night in Olympia. We spent Friday exploring Olympia a little (it's just a little village, but it's where they light the Olympic torch every 2 years). We left for Athens midafternoon and arrived in Athens at about 9PM. The best day of the trip was Saturday. Me and about 8 of my friends left for Aegina, an island about an hour outside of Athens. We spent about 4 hours on the island exploring on Vespas. It was awesome! I am definately going back to the Greek islands like Mykanos for maybe spring break or just a nice weekend.

So I just wanted to let you guys know I made it back in one piece. I've got some great stories about my adventures, which i'll write about later. Right now I gotta get started on some homework and studying. See you guys later!

3 Comments:

Blogger defrachelly said...

Hey, I don't hate the picture, but I hope you kept your eyes on the road. My only comment is in regard to your English :-) "me and my friends"??!!!??!!! ("me" is not a subject pronoun!!!!!!!!) And now that I'm a credentialed teacher I can call you on your misuse of the King's English!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Elliot said...

Your done... speaking priviledges REVOKED... no more correcting grammar on a JOURNAL!!!!!!!!!!! anyways, your teaching of me was through 6 years ago

6:19 PM  
Blogger Phantasmak said...

Hey, I bumped into your blog one day while I was searching Blogger for bloggers from London! It's nice in Greece when you visit for holidays only and don't live the lifestyle. Athens was gentrified enough to look pretty for the olympic games. I hope you hadn't had to take a cab to go anywhere since most of them when they see someone who looks like a tourist they rush to skin them off. It should be still hot enough there now. I miss Greece's good weather and the winter will be pretty unforgiving by the time I visit back home for a week during the New Year's. You had a good tour of the historical sites. As a genuine Athens-born-and-raised, I can remember myself having visited the Parthenon only once! Take care.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home